Building for Community
Rainbow Centre is building a third campus to cater to the growing demand for special education programmes in Singapore. When it is completed in 2022, this new campus at 21 Admiralty Lane will serve 300 students with autism, aged from 7 to 18 years old.
In conceptualising the design for our new campus, we envision a school where learning can take place everywhere, where our students will have ample opportunities to participate in community life on campus, thanks to its “social town” concept which incorporates vocational, recreational and retail spaces into the campus grounds.
Our educational programmes aim to nurture and develop our students so they will lead thriving lives in inclusive communities. We believe that a firm step towards greater inclusion is through the sharing of spaces, and we want to extend an invitation to you as members of our community to contribute and share in those spaces.
In our fundraising efforts for our Rainbow Centre Admiral Hill campus, we are building more than just a new campus. We are building for community.
The first phase of our Building for Community campaign will run from 10 October 2020 to 31 March 2021.
Join us in #buildingforcommunity!
Donations made from now to 31 March 2021 can attract dollar-for-dollar matching funding up to $250,000 from the Tote Board under its Enhanced Fund-Raising Programme.
Other ways to give:
1. Donate through Paynow
1. Fill in the online giving form and indicate “Building for Community” under remarks.
2. Open your mobile banking app.
3. Key in Rainbow Centre’s UEN (S92SS0061A) or go to ‘Scan QR Code’ to scan the QR code below.
4. Please ensure that payments are made to Rainbow Centre New Campus Fund.
5. Enter the amount you wish to donate.
6. In the reference field, please fill in your <name>space<NRIC/FIN number> for tax-exemption purposes.
7. Confirm the amount.
2. Send a cheque
3. Make a cash donation
Please drop by our office if you would like to make a cash donation:
Rainbow Centre Headquarters
501 Margaret Drive, Singapore 149306
Our office is open from 8am to 5.30pm, Mondays to Fridays.
You may fill in our online giving form before your visit.
4. Share our Building for Community campaign
Share the link to this page through your staff communications, society pages, newsletters, bulletin boards…the more the merrier!
5. Start your own campaign for us!
How to create your own online fundraiser on Giving.sg:
- Visit www.giving.sg/rainbow-centre/buildingforcommunity
- Click “Fundraise Now”
- Keep Rainbow Centre as the organisation you are fundraising for
- Give your campaign title a meaningful or cool name
- Add #buildingforcommunity to the end of your campaign title
- Select content and photos from the Building for Community campaign to add to your campaign.
- Tell everyone about it!
Read more about #chairsforcommunity, the first of our #buildingforcommunity fundraising campaigns.
When you walk into a room full of people and there is no seat left for you, how do you feel? When a seat is too low, too small, or too unsafe, don’t you wish for another chair?
Chairs are powerful pieces of furniture. A humble chair can make a difference in community building and inclusion. The right chair can help us feel better, function better, even communicate better. It could even help us to belong and be included in a conversation, and in society.
Through our Chairs for Community campaign, we share how every chair tells a story of inclusion for our clients. We invite you to support our campaign by donating towards the building and equipping of our upcoming campus which opens its doors in 2023.
Buy a virtual chair today at bit.ly/rainbowc4c!
Chairs for Community is part of our Building for Community fundraising campaign. We are raising $5 million for our new campus Admiral Hill Campus in Sembawang for 300 students with autism for learning and inclusion in community.
Follow our Chairs for Community campaign across the weeks here and on Facebook for more on how the right chairs in the right settings can empower us!