Class Support (Yishun Park)
About the Role
At Rainbow Centre, we envision a world where persons with disabilities are empowered and thriving in inclusive communities. We are always on the lookout for people who share our values, who are passionate about serving persons with disabilities and their families; and people who are keen to continuously learn so that they can bring their best to the people we serve.
We are looking for a Class Support to join our teaching team in Yishun Park. The postholder will be assisting the teaching team to ensure the smooth delivery of classroom activities and maximum engagement of students.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the teaching team in the care and management of students in class activities, including the hygiene, health, medical and safety needs of the students as required (e.g. toileting, feeding etc)
- Providing physically, emotionally and socially-safe relationships and environments environment to enhance motivation and behaviour, and opportunities for learning
- Preparing the learning materials and learning environments, while upkeeping the cleanliness and safety aspects of the classroom
- Ensuring the safe arrival and departure of students to each designated classroom and transport
- Working with family members,caregivers and allied professionals to maintain appropriate students’ behaviour and progress
- Participating in and contribute to the school’s and RC’s activities
- Minimum Sec 3 Education or 4 “N”-level passes
- Knowledge of disabilities, as well as experiences working with people with special needs will be advantageous
- The Class Support may be lifting and carrying the students and equipment and will be expected to clean and maintain equipment and facility. The Class Support may also move throughout the community with students. The Class Support must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of students, parents, staff and themselves.
Full Time (Permanent)