Head, Research & Development
About the Role
At Rainbow Centre, we envision a world where persons with disabilities are empowered and thriving in inclusive communities. We are always on the lookout for people who share our values, who are passionate about serving persons with disabilities and their families; and people who are keen to continuously learn so that they can bring their best to the people we serve.
Rainbow Centre is looking for a Head of Research & Development to join us to lead both thought and practice leadership in disability services across the organisation, as well as to advance our contribution to this at the national level and beyond. The postholder will be responsible for planning and managing research, evaluation and development initiatives to enhance and expand our programmes and services to realise our vision of empowering persons with disabilities to thrive in inclusive communities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and driving research in alignment with leading developments in the sector and Rainbow Centre’s strategic directions and promoting innovative practices across Rainbow Centre, for the betterment of our services & programmes. This includes, but is not limited to sourcing & leading research opportunities in collaboration with sector partners, as well as analyzing and presenting research findings to senior management.
- Driving and coordinating effective programme/service evaluation through the development and implementation of an evaluation framework to ensure that our programmes/services meet the quality service delivery standards, effectively serving the needs of our clients and their families and delivering on our mission. This includes conducting needs analysis or gaps identification to identify areas of growth and innovation within our programmes and services
- Lead and oversee the conceptualisation and development of new innovative programmes/services to address identified gaps in current services/programmes. This includes the establishment of key strategic networks and collaborations with relevant stakeholders and partners.
- Management of the department, which includes budget management as well as providing mentorship to the team to cultivate a high performance team culture.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A postgraduate qualification at Masters level in social sciences, allied health sciences or education. A Ph.D in a related field is preferred.
- At least 7 years of working experience in the field of disability services or social service; at least 3-5 years in direct research design, implementation and evaluation.
- Prior experience in managing a team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with various stakeholders and partners.
- Strong analytical skills and highly innovative.
Full Time (3-Year Contract)