About the Role
Rainbow Centre is committed to enhancing the quality of life of persons with disabilities. If you share our passion, we invite you to join us to make a difference in the lives of our clients and their families.
a. Manage vendors and out-sourced personnel to ensure that service standards for school printing services and maintenance of laptops and desktops are met.
b. Oversee the maintenance of laptops, desktops, tablet devices, IT infrastructure and AV equipment.
c. Update and maintain the inventory of IT equipment and infrastructure.
d. Manage all software licences and hardware requisitions, their deployment to users, tech refresh and eventual condemnation.
e. Maintain and administer tablets through mobile device management and mobile application management software and enforce device policies.
f. Assist in technical and application support for staff where necessary.
g. Schedule upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems to avoid unnecessary downtime.
h. Conduct audits to enforce IT policies.
i. Monitor and review the utilisation of infrastructure services for reporting and analysing of trends such as Internet bandwidth and device utilisation.
j. Monitor and review IT requests raised by users for monthly reports to the IT Manager for trend analysis.
k. Plan and execute software or infrastructure projects with the IT Manager.
l. Collaborate with system owners to review and evaluate solutions rolled out, including Return on Investment of solutions.
m. Identify areas of technology improvement and develop solutions within Rainbow Centre to enable increased productivity and efficiency.
- Minimum diploma in information technology or other relevant information technology fields.
- Preferably 2 years of experience in the information technology sector with relevance to the role. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Knowledge in various operating systems such as Mac OS, Microsoft Windows & Linux.
- Knowledge in the Google Apps platform and administration.
- Knowledge of computer network administration for wired and wireless networks and troubleshooting.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptive and innovative in meeting the changing environment and needs of the work in the social service sector.
- Interest and passion to serve the beneficiaries and the causes of Rainbow Centre in its work with persons with disabilities and their families.
Only Singapore citizens need apply.
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to email your resume, duly completed Job Application Form together with copies of your educational certificates and transcripts to email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.