About the Role
At Rainbow Centre, we envision a world where persons with disabilities are empowered and thriving in inclusive communities. We are always on the lookout for people who share our values, who are passionate about serving persons with disabilities and their families; and people who are keen to continuously learn so that they can bring their best to the people we serve.
Our Enterprise and Vocational Development (EVD) team at Rainbow Centre aims to make work possible for as many aspiring Rainbow Centre clients as possible.
We are looking for a Job Coach to join the EVD team. He/She will play a key role in providing direct coaching and support to develop the vocational potential of our students. He/She will work closely with the school team and Vocational Development team to formulate training plans and strategies using a person-centric approach.
Responsibilities will include providing effective job coaching to our clients, working closely with the teaching team to plan vocational goals, collaborating with caregivers to develop a system of support for the clients and engaging in on-going evaluation to uphold standards of excellence and best practices.
You should possess a relevant Diploma and 2 years experience working with individuals with disabilities. Applicants with Diploma in Special Education and experience in vocational training, assessment or placement will have a definite advantage.
You should also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build positive relationships with various stakeholders, including students with barriers to learning.
Do note that you will be required to shift between our 3 campuses in Margaret Drive, Yishun Park and Woodlands.
- Recognised diploma (minimum), a Diploma in Special Education will be advantageous
- At least 2 years working with individuals with disabilities requiring moderate support levels
- Prior experience in areas of vocational training, assessment or placement is highly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with students with barriers to learning, including those who may communicate using AAC
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, parents, carers and other external contacts, at all levels, using a variety of media
- Ability to communicate a commitment to the view that RC clients can and do achieve
- Ability to adopt a creative and flexible approach in all areas of the role
Full Time (2-Year Contract)