About the Role
The Job Coach is to assess the scope of potential work internships and attachments in key areas as identified by the school. He/she will be involved in formulating vocational training plans for the students and monitor their performance on-site to ensure it translates into successful transition to the next placement.
a. To develop vocational training plans and materials with accommodations and adaptations where necessary.
b. To conduct pre- and post-vocational assessments of the students.
c. To conduct vocational training in school within simulated environments where possible.
d. To plan vocational goals in consultation with the class teachers, senior teacher and/or lead teacher.
e. To work with partners on internship/attachment/placement/community service opportunities with respect to support and accommodations that might be necessary.
f. To train and monitor student’s on-the-job progress and performance.
g. Ensures job matching and provide career counselling
- Recognised diploma (minimum)
- Relevant training in special education is preferred but not mandatory
- 3-5 years working with individuals with disabilities
- Prior experience in areas of vocational training, assessment or placement is highly preferred
- Knowledge and experience with students with special needs
- Knowledge and skills in specific vocation domain
- Effective communication, and able to build and maintain positive working relationships with internal as well as external partners, including families
Preferred Achievements / Characteristics:
- Good judgment in matching students to job skills / placement in meeting needs of partners.
- Good organisational skills to ensure optimal resource usage (physical, financial) and flow of vocational activities.
Full Time (Permanent)