About the Role
At Rainbow Centre, we envision a world where persons with disabilities are empowered and thriving in inclusive communities. We are always on the lookout for people who share our values, who are passionate about serving persons with disabilities and their families; and who are keen to keep learning so they can bring their best to the people we serve.
Rainbow Centre is looking for a Finance Manager to play a key role in the management of receipts and payments, and to ensure that routine monthly finance schedules and reporting deadlines are met. The postholder is responsible for ensuring that accounts are maintained in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
Through analysis of past spending and projections, the postholder will also work closely with the Financial Controller to provide input and recommendations to management in the development of new budgets as well as in the effective management of current programmes.
The postholder will support the Financial Controller in the following:
- Financial Management and Compliance, which includes developing and implementing controls and procedures for financial and accounting related matters including month- and year-end closing and system period rollover. The postholder is expected to review and implement effective financial policies and procedures in accordance with funding bodies’ requirements, regulations, Singapore Reporting Standards and best practices. He or she is also expected to ensure the timely and accurate maintenance of all banking transactions and accounting records
- Financial Reporting, which includes assisting with the monthly financial closing process, maintenance of AR, AP and bank reconciliations, ensuring the timely closing of monthly financial reports and the preparation of monthly cash flow forecast
- Budget and Financial Analysis, such as the formulation and preparation of the annual budget, assisting with the monthly variance analysis of assigned programmes and units, and participating in cost analysis to aid management decisions
- Internal controls, such as performing regular checks on accounting activities and imposing adequate controls to protect and maintain Rainbow Centre’s assets. The postholder will also plan, coordinate and facilitate any audits and take appropriate action with the department to address audit findings and recommendations from these audits.
- Assist in other accounting projects, such as reviewing balance sheet schedules, streamlining month-end closing processes, identifying key contents for Client Management System (CMS) user guide and coordinating its documentation and leading the finance team in the implementation of new systems in various aspects.
- A Degree in Accountancy from a reputable university or with ACCA qualifications
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in a similar setting
- Able to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately, think strategically, formulate decisions and solutions, and make recommendations
- Able to contribute to the development, planning and implementation of the organisation’s strategy and policies
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills in working with individuals and groups at all levels
Full Time (3-Year Contract)