About the Role
The social worker brings to the educational process an understanding of the psychosocial concerns of families and the influences of family, community and cultural differences as they interact with the educational process.
The social worker will conduct assessments of families’ needs, screening, counselling, support and crisis intervention, programme resource / policy development, consultation / education and working in partnership with families, community agencies and organisations and collaborates with a multidisciplinary team of teachers, other specialists / therapists to meet the needs of the students enrolled in our school and on the waiting list, and the families.
- A degree in social work from a recognised university
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience is preferred.
Preferred Knowledge / Skills:
- Demonstrate understanding of social work areas and, in particular, issues within the school and/or community setting.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Determine strategies to move the organisation forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Candidate with more experience will be considered for Senior Social Worker position.
Full Time (Permanent/Contract)
This position is open to Singaporeans and Permanent Residents Only. Qualified and interested candidates are invited to email your resume, duly completed Job Application Form together with copies of your Educational Certificates and Transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.