About the Role
At Rainbow Centre we envision a world where persons with disabilities are empowered and thriving in inclusive communities. We are always on the lookout for people who share our values, who are passionate about serving persons with disabilities and their families; and who are keen to keep learning so they can bring their best to the people we serve.
We are looking for a Social Worker to join our Good Life Services team.
The Good Life Services at Rainbow Centre aims to improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities through the delivery of person and family centred services that support and empower these individuals, their family members and the communities around them so that they can achieve their highest level of independence and lead thriving lives.
The Social Worker brings to each case an understanding of the biopsychosocial concerns of families and the influences of family, community and cultural differences, enhancing the case management by the interdisciplinary team. The postholder may work across a variety of settings at Rainbow Centre (early intervention, schools, out-of-school hours care and community outreach services etc).
Key responsibilities include:
Rendering social work services at various levels, which includes:
- Casework management which requires fostering of professional and engaged relationships with clients and key service stakeholders, conducting needs and risk assessments, delivering case/care plans together with the IEP team/agencies and ensuring quality documentation of reports
- Conducting therapeutic group work and developing outreach programmes for both individuals and targeted groups, based on outreach strategies
- Designing, developing and implementing community-specific programmes, while participating in community building and development initiatives.
Quality service administration and management:
- Maintaining and monitoring client records related to service utilization in accordance to organisational and professional requirements, as well as inventories of equipment, materials and supplies.
- Ensuring the adherence of health and safety policy
- Service improvement by participating in the development, monitoring and evaluation of outcome measures as appropriate in service area
Continuing professional development by:
- Engaging in and articulating reflection and evaluation in practice, including critically evaluating the impact of contemporary issues related to the profession and sector.
- Remaining up to date and compliant with all relevant legislation, organizational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice.
- A recognised Degree in Social Work
- Eligible for professional registration with SASW
- Able to handle the physical demands of the role, such as lifting clients and equipment
- Experience working in a similar setting will be highly advantageous
Full Time (Permanent)
This position is open to Singaporeans and Permanent Residents Only. Qualified and interested candidates are invited to email your resume, duly completed Job Application Form together with copies of your Educational Certificates and Transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.