About the Role
We are looking for a Social Worker for our Special Education Schools.
Our team of social workers uncovers and enables the strengths of persons with disabilities and their families through person centred planning and supports them in pursuit of their Good Life- where they are safe, healthy, engaged, connected, independent, included and heard.
In considering if you should send us your CV for consideration, we like you to know that in addition to a degree in Social Work, it is far more important that you enjoy
- knowing and connecting with people of diverse abilities
- uncovering possibilities and
- harnessing the power of communities
The social worker in our special schools brings to the educational process an understanding of the psychosocial concerns of families and the influences of family, community and cultural differences as they interact with the educational process.
The social worker will conduct assessments of client needs, provide counselling, support and crisis intervention and participate in programme and policy development.
The social worker works closely with families, social and community agencies and volunteers to strengthen the circles of care around our clients with disabilities.
- A degree in social work from a recognised university.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience is preferred.
Preferred Knowledge / Skills:
- Demonstrate understanding of social work areas and, in particular, issues within the school and/or community setting.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Determine strategies to move the organisation forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Candidates with more experience will be considered for Senior Social Worker position.
Full Time (Permanent/Contract)
This position is open to Singaporeans and Permanent Residents Only. Qualified and interested candidates are invited to email your resume, duly completed Job Application Form together with copies of your Educational Certificates and Transcripts to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.