Special Education Teacher
About the Role
At Rainbow Centre we envision a world where persons with disabilities are empowered and thriving in inclusive communities. We are always on the lookout for people who share our values, who are passionate about serving persons with disabilities and their families; and people who are keen to continuously learn so that they can bring their best to the people we serve.
We are looking for a Teacher to join the Special Education team for both our Yishun Park and Admiral Hill campus. Working as part of an interdisciplinary team, the Teacher is responsible for providing quality learning experiences for students through the best deliverance of the curriculum.
Key responsibilities include:
Through a combination of collaborative and individualised efforts, provide an effective learning environment for students by:
- Evaluating and assessing student needs to develop appropriate individualised learning objectives and outcomes, and for adopting and adapting instructional strategies and accommodations
- Designing and creating effective instructional plans, learning materials, and learning environments
- Facilitating the development of students with engaging, differentiated, evidence-based practices
- Providing safe relationships and environments for enhancing care and facilitating of learning for the students
Ensuring the effectiveness of the learning experience through:
- Continually monitoring the progress of students’ learning and maintaining such records in a secured manner, and using the student learning attainment data to evaluate effectiveness of the experience
- Working collaboratively with the IEP Team and family or caregivers for effective student learning and transitions
- Participating in the development, monitoring and evaluation of outcome measures as appropriate
- Maintaining sufficient inventory of the learning materials, equipment and supplies
Proactively engage in continuous professional development by:
- Engaging in and articulating reflection and evaluation in practice, including critically evaluating the impact of contemporary issues related to the profession and sector
- Keeping up to date and compliant with all relevant legislation, organizational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice
- All candidates must possess a Diploma in Special Education (DISE) offered by MOE.
- A Diploma, Degree or Masters from a recognised institution
- Preferably has prior experience working in a special education setting
- Team player, with the ability to establish interdisciplinary collaboration to provide client-centric service and achieve best outcomes
- Able to meet the physical demands of the role. The postholder may be lifting students (ages 7 to 18) and equipment, and ensuring safety and hygiene of the students. He/she may also move throughout the community with students and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of clients, caregivers, co-workers and themselves.
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to email your resume, duly completed Job Application Form together with copies of your Educational Certificates and Transcripts to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. We are hiring only Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents for this position.